Thursday, February 17, 2011

School Ends in 8 days...Heading to Litchfield Minnesota






Well, Time has just flown by! We are 8 days away from Thad graduating from school. He walked in December, but he has had to finish his clinical rotation here in Sioux Falls. February 25th is the last day! Now he is studying for the Anesthesia Board test, which he will take at the end of March. And then...we are headed to LITCHFIELD, MN!!

Moving brings many different emotions! We are so grateful for Heavenly Father leading us to a great job. In these economically difficult times, a job is something to be very grateful for! It also is my dream for Thad in his professional life...that he absolutely loves his job. I know he loves me...and he loves Peter...so we know he loves being home. Now when he leaves home and also when he returns, he will feel and share peace because he loves his job.

Home definitely is where my sweet husband and little boy are. Although great additions to our family are the wonderful people we love here in Sioux Falls. And we love the memories we have made and the future we have begun. We had our first little boy here! Peter brings so much joy to our lives. And he'll forever tell the story that he was born in Sioux Falls, SD.

But we also know that we are bloomers! Bloom where we are planted. And we feel so much peace and reassurance that Litchfield, MN is the place for us at this time. So, even in the dead of winter...I am going to remind myself that under all that snow and ice are buds ready to bloom when Spring comes. I may have to make my own sunshine on some days. But I am mentally preparing, and relying on Heaven to be in our home!

Where is Litchfield Minnesota? It is Located just 60 miles west of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul on U.S. Hwy 12, Litchfield is the Meeker County seat.

Litchfield's 6500 residents live in a growing community boasting a strong education system, fiscally responsible government, and employment in high tech manufacturing companies.

It is located on lake Ripley and surrounded by many others. We are looking forward to that beauty and hope to have it somewhat close to our own home to enjoy. We'll see what comes.

Our branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is located in Hutchinson, MN which is just about 20 miles south of Litchfield. It will be a change not being so close to our church building. But we hope to live between Litchfield and Hutchinson to make driving to both places a little more convenient.

Life is wonderful. I cherish every moment. No one knows the future. I only know that with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and my little family and home filled with love, we can make it together anywhere. I will have to develop new talents staying connected to my family in Utah. I will have to develop new talents playing in freezing cold weather. I will need to develop...unknown ways. But I'm willing!

So here we go! I'll try...as I've tried before...to do better to put our life down on a blog!
Lots of love from Sioux Falls!
Malinda :)

3 comments:

Eric & Gretchen said...

Glad to see a blog post from you. I have been thinking about you. We are going to HK in April. Yeah!!! My sister lives in Rochester, MN and loves it. To bad it isn't a little bit closer to her, but we are moving to Michigan in July, so we can meet up at the Dells Wisconsin and vacation!!! Yeah!
Love and miss you!
Gretchen

Karen said...

How exciting for your family! Congratulations to you all!

And I can't believe Peter is that big! Really?!

Emily Nice said...

Happy that you know where you're headed and Thad has a job. I know that can be pretty stressful! Congrats on making it through school. However I'm a bit sad cause I always was holding out a little hope that you'd be heading back this way. I miss you and all my friends who move away.

Peter's sticking out tooth is cute!