Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oh My Heaven's! I'm trying!

Well I feel terrible! I have tried every night to find a little extra time that would allow me to do some blogging, and every night I think about how I am not being able to stay in touch with so many people I truly love, because I have become busy! So tonight, instead of going to play volleyball with the women in the ward, I decided to take some personal time!

How fast time is going! It is November! There are so many fun things happening here, like SNOW. Cathy Nixon calls it "South Da-Snowda!" But I hear Utah had snow before we did! We are having amazing experiences with or without the snow!

If you can believe it, I saw my first live CAMEL in Minnesota at the Martin County Fair!

Thad is in Tractor heaven and loves the midwest farm communities because it reminds him of his Grandpa Ward. His Grandma Ward is still living on the farm. Grandpa passed away a year and 1/2 ago. It is Harvest time here, and now that the snow is officially here, Winter just arrived.

Over Conference weekend, we drove to Mom and Dad Larsons, and on our way, all of a sudden there was a huge road block! I have never seen that on the freeway. No getting through. So we had to drive through the corn fields to find another highway that would connect us some how! Crazy. Just across the barackade it says, "Minnesota Welcomes You!" Yeah, some welcome!

We have been so blessed to have been able to share in the fruits of Mom and Dad Larson's labors. They grew a beautiful garden, and every time we go to Northrup, MN we get to go produce shopping in their back yard! Thad pulled up potatoes, Mom picked the tomatos, I chose the cabbage and beets, and Dad helped with peppers and carrots! It is awesome! Thanks Mom and Dad Larson! Here is a picture that has gone through the ages!

We have been so blessed to find good friends here in Sioux Falls. We are grateful for our ward family and the many wonderful opportunities we have to serve and to do missionary work. One great connection I was blessed with was meeting the Stake President from Sioux City, Iowa, who invited me out to do a basketball camp for two Saturdays for 4th -6th graders. It has led to some talk of me working with a trainer who is developing individual camps and we will see where that takes us. It felt so great to be back on the basketball court and being with kids. I loved them!

We also are loving the humble people that are coming to know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. We have a new friend named Dennis that has just set a baptismal date! He has been in our home several evenings with great searching of the gospel truths. He is having very trying times. Please remember him in your prayers. Missionary work is what we have been fasting and praying for as a ward, stake and family. There is so much to do to help the Lord invite all of his children to know of his truths. We are loving coming to know so many amazing people!

Thad continues to study very diligently. He is doing remarkably well. I am so proud of him. He is loving learning and really is grateful for this opportunity. He did go hunting for Pheasant last weekend. Although he didn't get anything, he had a great time with some of our friends.

Life is super. I apologize for my delay in message delivery! But I sure appreciate all of the love and support we receive from you are dear family and friends.

Know that we love you and pray for you daily!
Have a great week!

17 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Its updated!!!!!!!!!!! It was so great to hear about all the exciting stuff going on in south da-snowda. I am glad that you got to see a real camel. did you get to ride it? Well it was great to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to update. Sure do love ya.

coach said...

hey now i can leave messages on your blog!! I got it just for you...aren't you excited? Stay warm love coach

Jerry and Lyn said...

Oh how I miss you guys!!!! We love you and think of you often. I am so jealous over the fresh produce you are benefiting from. Guess we need to put in a garden. You are having a good time and are able to enjoy each other. I love and miss you. We love and miss you.

WARNERS said...

It was so fun to read your updated blog! I'm sure you guys are such an asset to your ward. I can't believe how busy you are already! We have been really praying for missionary work too! The wards and stakes are shrinking here and so many people need the gospel and the blessings it brings in their lives. We have amazing missionaries in our ward and they have helped inspire us to be better missionaries!

The Lind's said...

Look at you...an update!! Amazing! Looks like you guys are doing great! Are you sure you have never seen a camel? Have you never been to the Hoggle Zoo? :) He is a cute camel! You guys look great. I am so glad you are happy and enjoying life! I bet that is great fun to see Thad's family! It's okay as long as one day you come back! We can only share for a few years! :) haha. Joke Thad! One day we will have to meet back in UT! I love you guys! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!! Love, Becca

Eric & Gretchen said...

Malinda I need your address for my christmas card list. Could you please email it to me at:
ericandgretchen@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Gretchen

mistyp said...

Of course YOU would make the most out of everything and anything...wherever you are! You are an amazing person! Glad you are having great experiences!!!

mistyp said...

P.S. I LOVE your wedding picture on the side!!!!!!!!

Janell said...

Hi,It is SO good to hear from you.Our Thanksgiving was SO great & that is when we think of friends & I thought of you & so I thought I would check your blog to see if you had updated it.AND you did.We also had Pres. mtg this morning & that always reminds me of you too. Also-I have turned my family on to Jason's Deli! & that reminds me of you! It sounds like you are staying busy with great things.Have a great holiday season. Love, Janell

Jamie Pearson said...

I miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!

susette said...

Thanks for the Christmas card and letter you cute people. I am so excited you shared your blog address with us. I will definitely add you to my blog and watch for updates. Jordan is heading into the MTC on December 31st, only 2 days!!! Yikes, it's coming fast. I'm not sure if you heard or not but he was called to the Australia Sydney North Mission. He is pretty stoked about it. We got to talk to Cooper on Christmas Day for about 2 hours and he gave Jordan a lot of great counsel. We also had Kali and Wade on a 3-way call and talked to them out in Boston. We miss them a lot too. It sounds like your life is way busy and crazy but good stuff is happening. Thanks again for the card and letter, it was wonderful to hear from you guys. Happy New Year!! (almost)

Lisa said...

I'm so glad I found your blog!! I thought about you this week when I was at the gym. I needed you there to push me like the good old days! I guess you are living in S. dakaota? Hope all is well. Take care.

Christy said...

Hey Lynch,

How are you doing? I just found your blog. It's great to get back in touch with the girls from Bingham. If you send me your email address, I'll add you to my blog list. My email is redsoxcv@gmail.com.

Hopefully you'll read your blog comments soon. It looks like you haven't posted in awhile. :)

Christy Burge

Raymond said...

Hi Malinda (Sister Lynch/Larson),

I found you here thanks to Sister Gretchen Snyder (Fors). I'm so glad you seem to be enjoying a great life now. My family would like to contact you as we have some news to break to you. Please write back to kitpai@hotmail.com when you can. Thanks!

Raymond Pai

Lisa said...

Do you have a new blog? How are things?

mistyp said...

Where are you, Sister????

mistyp said...

Hey, I heard through the grapevine that you're expecting a baby. I'd sure love to hear from you! My email is mistypankratz@yahoo.com. I don't know your current phone number or email address...sad stuff! Please write if you have a spare second!